"Notwithstanding My Weakness"

I was trying to figure out how to remember some quotes I read this morning, and figured this would at least be a good starting place. I've been reading a conference talk each morning, and today's was Elder Scott's "Personal Strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." He talked a bit about the difference between sins and weaknesses, and how the Atonement can help us overcome both. The specific suggestions he mentioned at the end (making temple covenants, sharing the gospel, fulfilling church callings and being attentive to family members) all had the "common theme: fill your life with service to others" which fit in perfectly with our seminary lesson on Mosiah 2 today.

Then I came home and read a blog post on Diapers and Divinity talking about the same subject. Maybe it's something I need to hear today! Stephanie quoted and linked to a talk given by Elder Neal A. Maxwell many, many years ago, entitled "Notwithstanding My Weakness." The whole talk is wonderful, but the one line I want to remember is this:

"Feet are made to move forward—not backward!"

If we're moving in the right direction, we're making progress, however small it may seem at the time.

Comments

Popular Posts