Nativity Countdown #16


I don't particularly care for angels being portrayed as having wings, so I don't go out of my way to find nativity sets with angels. However, we have a couple with them, and this is one of them. I do believe in angels and I am grateful for their presence and influence in my life, and in the lives of others.

Whenever I think of angels, I think of Elder Holland's talk, "The Ministry of Angels." Here are a couple of quotes from that conference address:

"When the time for this Savior’s advent was at hand, an angel was sent to announce to Mary that she was to be the mother of the Son of God. 3 Then a host of angels was commissioned to sing on the night the baby Jesus was born. 4 Shortly thereafter an angel would announce to Joseph that the newborn baby was in danger and that this little family must flee to Egypt for safety. 5 When it was safe to return, an angel conveyed that information to the family and the three returned to the land of their heritage. From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children."

"When we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day."

" I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face."

I am so grateful for angels!

Comments

Popular Posts