Nativity Countdown #18

For some reason, more than any other in our collection, this set reminds me of Bethlehem. I love remembering that Bethlehem means "house of Bread" and that reminds me that Jesus referred to himself as living bread.

Here's the simple explanation from last year's Friend:

Jesus Christ called Himself the “bread of life.” He said, “He that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst” (John 6:35). Jesus wasn’t talking about food to eat. He meant that if you believe in Him and feast on His word, you will be filled with His love. In Hebrew, Bethlehem means “house of bread.” What a perfect meaning for the place where the Savior was born. 

I agree, and that's one reason why I like giving bread as a neighbor gift for Christmas. I appreciate the symbolism involved, even if no one else understands. More importantly, I am grateful for the Bread of Life.

Here are some of the recipes we like to use for our neighbor gifts:

Poppy Seed Bread

Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Loaf

Pear Bread

Easy Banana Bread

Triple Chocolate Banana Bread

Comments

Popular Posts