Nativity Countdown #20


This is another more traditional set that I picked up one year after Christmas. I liked it because it came with a stable, and at the time not many of my sets did. However, today I want to focus on the shepherd. There's so much that could be said, but right now they remind me that the Savior is also known as the Good Shepherd, and that reminds me of the seven "I am" statements we just studied in seminary.

"I am the bread of life." John 6:35
"I am the light of the world." John 8:12
"I am the door of the sheep." John 10:7
"I am the good shepherd." John 10:11
"I am the resurrection, and the life." John 11:25
"I am the way, the truth, and the life." John 14:6
"I am the true vine." John 15:1

Jesus Christ provides light and life to all of us. He is there to protect us, to show us the way home to Heavenly Father, and to be our advocate and redeemer. I am so grateful for him!

Here are a couple of magazine articles if you want to learn a bit more about shepherds - from the Ensign and from the Friend.

Comments

Popular Posts