Nativity Countdown #21


Not all of our nativity reminders are three dimensional. Over the years we've had many, many two dimensional ones. Maybe they're a bit more disposable, but they're also more interactive. When we're coloring, we have an opportunity to really think about our Savior and what he means to us.

I'm reminded of one year when I bought some 'color your own nativity" gift bags from Oriental Trading. The idea was to have a "crafternoon" one day in early December, and then use them for Christmas presents. I don't think I ever followed through on the art day, but we did use the bags for several years. And it was a good reminder on Christmas morning of the real meaning of Christmas.

I also remember a two dimensional nativity that turned into a three dimensional one from my Primary days. Wow! I haven't thought of that in decades, but I loved sharing it with my family. And thanks to Google I found a picture of one!


Last year's issue of the December Friend had several little articles dealing with the symbolism of the nativity. It's a great review, for young and old alike.


We can be like Mary and Joseph by doing what God wants us to do.

We can be like the shepherds and Wise Men by following Jesus Christ.

We can be like the angels by telling others the real story of Christmas.

And we can be like Jesus by following His example!


Comments

Popular Posts