Nativity Countdown #24


I started writing this post a few years ago. I imagine it comes from a little program I have in my files which I wanted to put in digital form. We've used it in the past for a family home evening lesson, but it would also make a great Christmas Eve family program, and is similar to what we did last year with our good friends and their children. Children bring such innocence and enthusiasm to sharing the Christmas story. Every single rendition is beautiful and awesome! And that reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas books - The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. I think it's time to read it again!


The ancient prophet Isiah wrote the following:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

"Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful"

Luke 2:1-5


Luke 2:6-7


"Away in a Manger"

Luke 2:8-14


"Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains"

Luke 2:15-20


"Joy to the World"

Matthew 2:1-6


"We Three Kings of Orient Are" or "With Wondering Awe"

Matthew 2:7-12

"Silent Night"


Comments

Popular Posts