Nativity Countdown #4


Some of my nativities I like more than others; this is one of them. I love that it's unique and one-of-a-kind. (I know it is because I hand-crafted it myself and even I couldn't duplicate it again.) Each one of us is unique and individual, and that's what makes us so special, even if on some days we don't feel like it.

I was struck by a question in one of this week's seminary lessons: "How well does the Savior know me?" Think about that. He actually knows us very well, probably even better than we know ourselves. And in spite of our imperfections, He loves us totally and perfectly. What a wonderful gift!

Today while searching for one quote, I found another one I've tried finding in the past without success. Since it goes along with #LIGHTtheWorld Day 4 - Worship - I'll include it here.

"To eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ was and is to believe in and accept Him as the literal Son of God and Savior of the world, and to obey His commandments. By these means only may the Spirit of God become an abiding part of man's individual being, even as the substance of the food he eats is assimilated with the tissues of his body." (James E. Talmage, Jesus the Christ, page 342)

Comments

Popular Posts