Another Story for Another Baptism

This may or may not turn into an annual event, but just like last year, I was asked to speak at a baptism, this time for our oldest granddaughter.

I was prompted to share the story of when the Holy Ghost helped me keep a promise I made to my mother, which was to try and attend church while on my high school choir trip to Hawaii. We had a wonderful time exploring the island and singing in the festival. One of our performances was at a local school. At that school, I had the impression I should ask their choir director if she was a member of my church. That took an awful lot of courage, but I did, and learned that she was. She graciously offered to pick me up, along with a few of my friends, and took us to church with her that Sunday, which happened to be held at the Honolulu Tabernacle. What a memorable Easter Sunday that was!

Although briefly mentioned in this post, I have yet to add any pictures of that memorable choir trip. Time to rectify that!





We enjoyed wearing leis, drinking pineapple juice, relaxing at the beach, singing at the Polynesian Cultural Center, touring Pearl Harbor, and participating at the festival held at the Waikiki Shell, with its beautiful backdrop of Diamond Head. Marvelous memories!

Comments

Popular Posts