A Worldwide Sisterhood

We are beloved spirit daughters of God,
and our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction.
As a worldwide sisterhood,
we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar.
We are women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:
Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicate ourselves to strengthening marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple, understand our divine destiny, and strive for exaltation.
I love the Relief Society declaration. However, even though I have it hanging in my bedroom and use it as a bookmark in a couple of different places, I don't read it very often. Serving in Primary doesn't help either. So, I was excited to have the chance to visit the New Providence Branch Relief Society recently. It was quite an emotional experience to recite these uplifting words in a truly worldwide setting (there were other visitors also). I am thankful for my knowledge that I am truly a daughter of God and that life has great value and purpose. I love being a woman.

It would be nice to say they posed just for me, but I'm not that important. They had already made plans to send a group picture to a missionary, but I took advantage of having my camera in my bag to get my own picture!

Comments

Popular Posts