Joy

Doctrine & Covenants 7

At first I was just going to skip a blog post on this short section, especially since in didn't really have any Book of Mormon cross-references. But as I re-read it, I realized that there is an important message here for me: as long as my desires are righteous, it doesn't matter what I choose to do (John wanted to tarry on earth to bring souls to Christ and Peter wanted to go quickly to heaven), I can still have joy. And I'm supposed to have joy.

Never fear, the Topical Guide footnotes have a lot of Book of Mormon verses to read. After "men are that they might have joy," this is my favorite (the king speaking to Aaron):

Alma 22:15 - "What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy?"

Now it's time to go serve others and find joy!

Comments

Popular Posts