Prophecies/Promises Prepare for Peace

Doctrine & Covenants 1

We know we're supposed to read the Book of Mormon on a daily basis. When I taught Church History for seminary, I suggested to my students (who were concerned about reading the Book of Mormon AND Bible or Doctrine and Covenants) that they pick a footnote from their seminary reading that took them to the Book of Mormon and just read a verse or two. I'm going to take my own advice. So, these posts will be contain scriptures that jumped out at me as I read and then perused the Topical Guide.

D&C 1:37-38 - Scripture Mastery!
The Promise: All prophecies will be fulfilled.
See also, D&C 82:10 - another Scripture Mastery!!


We need to be prepared for the future.
D&C 1:12 "prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come"

Luke 1:76 - the prophet teaches us what we need to know.
D&C 58:6 - we prepare our hearts by being obedient.
D&C 78:7 - we prepare for the celestial kingdom by keeping the commandments.

What can I do to feel peace ?
D&C 1:35 "peace shall be taken from the earth"

2 Nephi 4:26 - the evil one destroys peace
Mosiah 27:4 - pride disturbs peace
1 Nephi 20:18 - peace is like a river
D&C 88:125 - charity brings peace
Isaiah 32:17 - the work of righteousness is peace
Haggai 2:9 - we find peace in the temple
Mosiah 4:3 - we can have peace of conscience because of our faith in Christ
(I love Elder Scott's talk.)
Luke 1:79 - prophets guide us to the way of peace
D&C 59:23 - works of righteousness brings peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come

Comments

Popular Posts