Stop and Stand Still

Doctrine & Covenants 5

Did you ever realize that sometimes we're just supposed to stop hurrying and scurrying around and stand still and wait for direction from God? (see verses 30 and 34) I think turning to the scriptures would be a perfect use of that "stopping" time, along with prayer and pondering.

D&C 5:16 - "Whosoever believeth on my words, them will I visit with the manifestation of my Spirit; and they shall be born of me."

Ether 4:11-12 - "He that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good. And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me."

Comments

Popular Posts