Thoughts from Walden

After Elder Perry mentioned Thoreau's book last general conference, I decided to read it again. This afternoon while clearing off some papers I found some quotes that I liked from Walden. I want to throw away my note, so figured this would be a good place to record the quotes. Maybe some of you will like them also.

"Clothing of character is more important than clothing of cloth. Be wary of enterprises that require new clothes. Become a new man first."

"We should come home every day with new experiences and character."

"If you would avoid uncleanness, and all sins, work earnestly."

"Every man is the builder of a temple, called his body, to the god he worships, after a style purely his own, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. We are all sculptors and painters, and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones. Any nobleness begins at once to refine a man's features."

Comments

Popular Posts