Revelation

Doctrine & Covenants 77

This section is a compilation of question about Revelation answered by the Prophet Joseph Smith through revelation. I learned something new when I substituted in seminary a while ago. For some reason I thought the "beasts" in John's vision (Revelation 4:6) had a negative connotation and I struggled with that. However, they really don't. They represent the highest and most majestic in each class - the lion of wild animals, the calf (or ox) of domesticated animals, the eagle of birds, and man. (Unfortunately, I was reading a lot of material, and I couldn't find the exact resource when I realized that this was something I wanted to remember.) And each of these "beasts" - the best of the best - worshipped God. What do we learn from that?

Comments

Popular Posts