Importance of Genealogy

Doctrine & Covenants 85-86

Section 85 talks about the inheritance of "the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God." I want my name in that book!

It continually amazes me, although it shouldn't, how relevant the scriptures can be to our daily lives. Tomorrow is our stake's Spirit of Elijah Day and we're going to spend all day in the temple doing work for our own families. Reading this section helped remind me of the importance of that.

Verse 6 also has a wonderful definition of the Holy Ghost: "the still small voice, which whispereth through and pierceth all things, and often times it maketh my bones to quake."

Section 86 continues the theme with a reminder of the parable of the wheat and the tares, and our responsibility to be a "light unto the Gentiles" and "a savior unto my people Israel."

Comments

Popular Posts