A New Beginning

Doctrine & Covenants 84
The Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood

I took my scriptures on vacation, but not my computer. And now I know why it's taken so long to get back to this - section 84 is LONG. However, so I don't procrastinate any longer, here are just a few of my favorite phrases from this section:

verse 1: "united their hearts and lifted their voices" - Working together, whether as a family or ward or any other group, causes great things to happen.

verse 19: "key of the mysteries of the kingdom, even the key of the knowledge of God" - We had an interesting discussion on this a couple of months ago. We had always interpreted "knowledge of God" as knowing about God. However, it can also mean knowing what God knows. Isn't that a cool concept? (See D&C 107:19.)

verse 33: "renewing of their bodies" - Seeing how elderly prophets and apostles can continue to work hard is a testimony of this principle. But it can also be seen in our own lives.

verse 77: "I shall call you friends" - Who could be a better friend than Jesus?

verses 79-85: wonderful missionary blessings and promises!

verse 112: "searching after the poor" - We were reminded of this in our last Welfare Meeting. It's not enough to just take care of the poor and needy who show up at our door, we should be looking for those who need our love and help.

Comments

Popular Posts