"Quickly I'll Obey"

Doctrine & Covenants 94-96

Remember the children's song? "When my mother calls me, quickly I'll obey, for mother knows just what is best each and every day." I just discovered it's been changed! And I guess it's for the better.

Quickly I'll Obey

When my mother calls me,
Quickly I'll obey.
I want to do just what is best
Each and every day.

When my father calls me,
Quickly I'll obey.
I want to do just what is best
Each and every day.

Heavenly Father loves me.
Blesses me each day.
I want to do just what is best
Each and every day.

Anyway, in section 94 the saints in Kirtland are given the assignment to start building the temple. In section 95 they're rebuked because they hadn't started yet. There's less than a month between the two revelations! When the Lord asks us to do something, we better do it - right away, promptly, and without delay. To their credit, the foundation was started just a couple of days after the second revelation. They did "take heed that ye see to this matter" (D&C 96:4). And I should diligenty take heed to accomplish the matters I've been assigned.

Comments

  1. I sing it this way:
    "When the Spirit calls me quickly I'll obey. For Heaven knows just what is right each and every day."

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts