Treasures

Doctrine & Covenants 111

Be sure you read the introduction before reading this section, because the background history is important, but I like the thought that the Lord is "not displeased" with us even when we try something that backfires. I do that a lot. And we don't always recognize where true treasure lies.
This morning I read an old Christmas message where President Monson mentions that each December he reads three "books" - Luke (in the Bible), "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens and "The Mansion" by Henry van Dyke. I hadn't heard of the last one, so I went searching and found it online here. It's a nice reminder of where our treasure should be.

Comments

  1. thanks for posting the link to "the mansion"

    it was a good read! and it sparks some good thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts