An Answered Prayer

Today I came across an old journal entry that is definitely worth remembering and being posted as a "whispering of the Spirit." Do you remember this, Brad, because I certainly didn't? 2/3/2006

I had a prayer answered yesterday in an unusual way. Well, really it was the usual way, but an unexpected answer. On Tuesday Brad asked me to get a doctor appointment for him concerning his ringworm. I wasn't sure how serious he was and I felt it was kind of late anyway - that there was no way a doctor could treat and clear ringworm in a couple of days. I questioned him on it Wednesday night and discovered that he really was serious. In my Thursday morning prayer I prayed specifically to know what to do, remembering the promise in 2 Nephi 32:5 that we can know what we're to do. The answer was very clear: "This is what Brad's prayed about and you need to make the apointment." I still didn't think it would work, but I figured I better be obedient, so at 8:00 AM I made the call. It turned out they had a 9:45 appointment so I took Brad down. Now, here's the amazing thing - there is a drug that can kill ringworm quickly - and it takes 36 hours. So, the doctor signed the note saying Brad is not infectious as of 9 AM Saturday, which is exactly when he needs it (well, 10 AM Sat.). I am so grateful I didn't procrastinate any longer. I've done what I can do. Now it's up to Brad & Jeff to get themselves qualified for regions.
(They did qualify for the regional tournament.)

This is an amazing example of the scripture I re-learned this week: 1 Nephi 17:13 - "I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments." We can't see beforehand what the Lord is placing in our paths, but we can be assured that he's watching over us carefully and wants to bless us.

Comments

  1. Cool story!

    That nasty ringworm...the bain of wrestlers..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts