Redeeming the Dead

Doctrine & Covenants 137-138

I love doing family history and going to the temple. Maybe that's why I love these sections as well. They validate for me that time spent in those activites is valuable and of great worth.

When I glance at these sections, the words that jump out are "joy" and "rejoicing" and "peace." That's great encouragement to not give up when I hit a roadblock in research or trying to find time in a crazy schedule to make it to Orlando on a regular basis.

Okay, I probably should have spent more time pondering this subject. After all, it was because President Smith took the time to reflect and ponder and pray that we even have Section 138. I'm glad I was able to complete my goal to read the Doctrine and Covenants in 2009, but now it's time to once again move on to something else.

Comments

Popular Posts