Friends are Important

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few months pondering this thought and trying to meet the challenge:

"As a member of the Church, reach out to those you do not know and greet them warmly. Each Sunday extend a hand of fellowship to at least one person you did not know before. Each day of your life, strive to enlarge your own circle of friendship." (Russell M. Nelson)

The older I get, the more I realize how important true friendship is. Although at times it may seem difficult to build strong relationships, particularly as that circle gets larger and larger, the blessings that come from the good examples and and thoughtful acts of others make it worthwhile. And the very best relationship to strengthen is the one with Heavenly Father. That will make all the rest even better.

Comments

  1. I feel so fortunate to be able to count you among my friends Becky! You have been and always will be a wonderful example to me and my daughters. Palm Beach is lucky indeed to have you and your family among them. I will miss seeing and talking to you. I will also miss your surprise visits with homemade, bread, treats and strawberries, etc. So glad that you have this blog and Facebook, lol. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts