A Recurring Quote

"Don't let a day go by without doing something to act on the promptings of the Spirit."

I've come across that counsel three times in less than 24 hours. I figure that means something!
First, I was clearing off some of the papers on my desk and found it scribbled in a notebook. Second, this month's visiting teaching message includes that subject, so I was reminded of the quote again, and decided to read the whole talk. Third, while waiting for Michelle this morning I was reading the October New Era, which arrived yesterday, and there it is again, on page 38!

Are you wondering yet who said it? Or do you already know because you've been following that counsel for the past six months? Anyway, it was said by President Uchtdorf in the April 2011 general conference priesthood session. However, you don't have to hold the priesthood to follow that advice. So, guess what I'm going to make a greater effort to do daily? How about you?

Here are the links if you want them:

Also, the VT message contains another quote by Sister Beck that I love and am trying to remember and apply: "The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life." That's a pretty bold statement, yet I know it's true. Having that ability makes it possible to do everything else we need to do.

Comments

Popular Posts