Elder J. Devn Cornish
"The Privilege of Prayer"
|Dominican Republic Santiago - November 2004|
- Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and personally. He wants to bless us, but he can't infringe upon our agency.
- We must ask and pray in faith.
- We must live our prayers.
- "Prayer is the passport to peace." (President Monson)
- " Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." (Bible Dictionary)
Prayer really is a privilege. Am I taking full advantage of this precious gift?