GCBC - Elder Nelson

General Conference Book Club
Elder Russell M. Nelson
"Covenants"

This summer we're celebrating our 30th anniversary, and we were able to help our parents celebrate their 50th anniversaries not too long ago.  We're grateful for the covenants we made in the temple, for the opportunity to continue to keep them, and we're even more grateful to see the next generation do the same.

Listening to this talk reaffirmed my testimony of these three principles:

1) Patriarchal blessings give us a vision of our future.
2) Temple marriage is the covenant of exaltation, and baptism is the covenant of salvation - both are a necessary part of the celestial kingdom.
3) We keep covenants by obeying the commandments.

And I loved Elder Nelson's enthusiasm as he reminded us that we get to participate in the gathering of Israel! Sometimes I forget that having the gospel in my life, with its attendant covenants and responsibilities, is really a tremendous honor and blessing.  I don't need to complain about overwhelming tasks and duties, I need to rejoice that I have the opportunity to serve my fellowman and help them find the peace and joy that the gospel, which includes making and keeping covenants, brings into our lives.

As Mosiah 2:41 states,  "I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faith to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.  O remember, remember that these things are true."

Comments

  1. I love how we get to participate in the fulfilling of prophecies. My only hope is that I am on the Lord's "side" of those prophecies (i.e., those gathering Israel, vs. the wicked who will be destroyed!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts