GCBC - Elder Oaks

General Conference Book Club
Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"Teachings of Jesus"

"What think I of Christ?"  And, more importantly, what am I doing because of it?  As Elder Oaks told her story, my heart ached for the woman who didn't know what Jesus had done for her.  He has done everything for us!  I appreciated the reminders found in the following scriptures:

Matthew 6:33 - Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness.
Matthew 7:7 - Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
John 7:17 - If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine.

I also appreciated his challenge to examine ourselves.  Are we building our house in Zion yet still trying to keep a summer cottage in Babylon?  (I made a note during conference to look up Elder Maxwell's quote.  It's found in a book, not a conference talk.  However, I did find a wonderful blog post that is definitely worth your time - "A Summer Cottage in Babylon."  Cocoa articulates things much better than I could!)  We need to remember that there is no middle ground, and that the Lord doesn't want fence-sitters.  We need to choose a side, and stay there.  I'm choosing the Lord's side.

Comments

  1. Oooh - thanks for sharing Cocoa's post! It was most excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts