GCBC - Elder Yamashita

General Conference Book Club
Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita
"Missionaries are a Treasure of the Church"

The talk is here.  I liked how that over at Diapers and Divinity, a lot of the comments related these principles of missionary work to motherhood.  As I read the talk again, I was able to apply it to teaching my Primary class.  My favorite quote was this:

“Your attitudes and the love that you show toward others are very significant messages. Even though I didn’t immediately grasp all the doctrines that the missionaries taught me, I felt of their great love, and their many acts of kindness taught me important lessons. Your message is a message of love, a message of hope, and a message of faith. Your attitude and your actions invite the Spirit, and the Spirit enables us to understand the things that are important.”

I also liked his list of three things to take with you on a mission - desire to serve, testimony and love for others.  If you have those, you can do great things anywhere!

Comments

Popular Posts