A Conference Story


Today I substituted in Primary and during sharing time - which was on the importance of listening to the prophets during general conference - we were asked if we could share something about a conference talk that answered a question we had. Because I was trying to think of something that the children could relate to, I thought of my cousin's story. I debated whether or not to share it online, but decided that a lot of this is public record anyway. Since every time I'm prompted to share it, I have to research the sources all over again, I figured this time I would put them all in one place!

"The Faith of a Child" - October 1975 general conference

"The Lighthouse of the Lord" - July 1980 Ensign

"Tabernacle Memories" - April 2007 general conference

"A Message for Misti" - September 2008 Friend


The point I felt inspired to share was that general conference is for everyone, including children. Heavenly Father knows us and loves us individually, and he will answer our questions and concerns. We can all listen to and watch general conference and gain something from it. As Elder Jeffrey R. Holland put it:

"If we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you."

I'm thankful for the testimony of this truth that I gained at a very early age. I know that our prophets and apostles will teach by the Spirit, and I know Elder Holland's promise can come true for anyone who wishes. I'm looking forward to general conference next weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts