She also shared the five principles from Elder Don R. Clarke's talk on the sacrament given in the 2012 October general conference.
- Have a feeling of gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
- Remember that we are renewing our baptismal covenants.
- During the sacrament we can feel forgiven of our sins.
- We can receive inspiration for solutions to our problems.
- Partaking of the sacrament worthily will help us be filled with the Holy Ghost.
He said that it will always be a great sacrament meeting if the sacrament is the center of our worship, and he also shared this quote from Elder Melvin J. Ballard:
“I am a witness that there is a spirit attending the administration of the sacrament that warms the soul from head to foot; you feel the wounds of the spirit being healed, and the load being lifted. Comfort and happiness come to the soul that is worthy and truly desirous of partaking of this spiritual food.”