Motherhood Talks

Mother's Day has just passed. However, I looked up some links to some of my favorite talks on mothers last week, and so I thought I'd put them all in one place to save me time next year! Here they are:

Jeffrey R. Holland: "Because She is A Mother"

Sheri L. Dew: "Are We Not All Mothers?"

Julie B. Beck: "Mothers Who Know"

Ezra Taft Benson: "To the Mothers in Zion"

Douglas L. Callister: "Our Refined Heavenly Home"

Gospel Topics Essays: "Our Mother in Heaven"

This following quote may be about temples, but our homes should be like temples, and that's what I think of - a peaceful, loving refuge - when I think of mothers.

“The moment we step into the house of the Lord, the atmosphere changes from the worldly to the heavenly, where respite from the normal activities of life is found, and where peace of mind and spirit is received. It is a refuge from the ills of life and a protection from the temptations that are contrary to our spiritual well-being.”  Elder David B. Haight


I looked up these talks again because I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. The "what do I remember about my mother" event that I was drawn to this time was when three of my siblings were sealed to our family. That happened because she yearned to be a mother to more than just those children born to her. It was a beautifully special day, and my mother continues to be a great example to me. I don't have a picture of that particular day, but I did find some to share here - family pictures taken before the first adoption and after the last.



Comments

Popular Posts