New Beginnings

We had the opportunity to attend our ward's New Beginnings last night. It's been a while since we've participated in one of these evenings with our daughter, and it brought back great memories. I checked my blogs and realized I only wrote about one of them. I'll have to check the photo album and my journal and possibly record some of the others.


This year the theme was "Ask in Faith" (from James 1:5-6) and as usual the Young Women leaders did a marvelous job. They introduced the new Beehives by sharing information from an "About Me" questionnaire their parents filled out, had the Personal Progress leader give a short overview of the program, played a Jeopardy game using questions about Personal Progress (similar to these), showed a short video on the theme (found here) and then Wayne gave his "bishopric remarks." Although he didn't use one of the stories he had planned, I could tell he was inspired to only use the one he did (sharing how he asked in faith to gain a testimony and eventually received an answer), and I could tell the girls were touched as well. It's important to "Ask in Faith" and I'm grateful for my testimony of that.

Edited to add 2018's version, with a theme of "Peace in Christ"


Comments

Popular Posts