Attribute #24 - Leadership


One of my favorite memories from Weston's growing up years is the letter he received from my mother after he sent her a cassette tape (remember those?) of him singing "I'm Trying to be like Jesus" which at the time was a new Primary song. In the letter she mentioned how the Spirit touched her while listening to the tape and she was so grateful that Weston had sent it to her. That desire and willingness to be like Jesus is what makes Weston such a great leader. I can't express how grateful we are that as the oldest in our family he set such a great example.


Because he earned the Eagle Scout award, excelled in high school and college, served a mission, and married in the temple, his younger brothers wanted to do so as well. And they did.


Weston loves sports, and it's been neat to watch his leadership on his various teams throughout the years as well. I could tell stories of patience, encouragement, grit, endurance, kindness and more, all qualities that contribute to being a great leader.

Leadership: guidance, influence, conducting, showing the way, direction

Psalm 31:3
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me.


He's not only trying to be like Jesus, I think he's succeeding. I may be biased, but Weston has some great examples of his own to follow (look at these fantastic WOWs!) and he's doing a marvelous job with the next generation.

Comments

Popular Posts