Attribute #8 - Peace


As mentioned in the Guide to the Scriptures, peace has two different meanings - either freedom from conflict and turmoil or the inner calm and comfort born of the Spirit that God gives to His faithful Saints. When I think of Dallin, I think of both of these types of peace, and also of the word peacemaker - or one who promotes peace. I can see him exemplifying these attributes. His sunny, infectious personality draws people together. Unity leads to peace. I'm sure his ability to promote peace will only increase as he grows more mature.

Peace: a state of mutual harmony between people or groups; the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security; freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.

D&C 19:23
Walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.

I would propose that imagination leads to unity. You need to think "outside the box" to bring together differing opinions. Dallin has a terrific imagination!
You get another song today! This one has special meaning because I remember Michelle singing it for one of our Christmas programs. Jesus Christ did bring peace to the earth, and now it's up to us to do our part to help it stay here and grow.


Peace is Born on Earth
by Sally DeFord

I see a stable, cold and bare
A virgin mother, pure and fair
The light of heaven surrounds her there
Peace is born on earth

And in a manger, gently laid
A baby slumbers in the hay
A miracle is wrought this day
Peace is born on earth

I see the shepherds come in haste
To look upon their Savior’s face
And wise men seek this holy place
Where peace is born on earth

A new star rises in the heavens
I see the skies with glory riven
Unto us a Son is given
Peace is born on earth

Oh listen to the angel song
That heralds this eternal dawn
And through the years the strains prolong
Peace is born
Peace is born

I wonder now if I would know
Like men of wisdom long ago
The star that first was set aglow
When peace was born on earth

For as I lift my eyes afar
To seek the Bright and Morning Star
The light of heaven fills my heart
And peace is born on earth

Comments

Popular Posts