Holy Ghost Stories for a Baptism

Grandpa was asked to speak on the Holy Ghost for Sam's baptism. Here are the ideas and stories he was prompted to share.

I only remember one thing from my baptism. I was given a card with a picture of Jesus and encouraged to always ask “What would Jesus do?” and then do it. I thought, “How would I know what He would do? I’m only an 8 year old kid!" The answer is found in receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is like a compass to guide us or a flashlight to help us see the way. Also known as the still, small voice, he helps us know what to do in at least three different ways – a feeling in our heart, an idea in our mind, or a voice in our ears.

1) At age 14, I attended a youth conference where someone spoke about Jesus. I felt the Holy Ghost testify strongly to my heart and I knew that Jesus was the Christ.

2) At age 15, I had the choice to study for my Spanish test or attend the youth activity, and I chose the latter, praying that Heavenly Father would help me on the test as if I had studied for it. During the test, the Holy Ghost helped me know which answers to select. It was the only “A” I ever got in Spanish.

3) At age 16, I was driving down the freeway behind a truck carrying a mattress. I heard a voice say, “Change lanes right now.” I did, and immediately the mattress fell off the truck; it would have landed right on our windshield causing an accident, if I hadn't followed the prompting. The Holy Ghost warned me of danger.

Remember, the Holy Ghost can tell you the truth of all things. He can bring things to your memory that you need to know. He can help you, guide you, and protect you. He is real. Learn to listen to him and obey his promptings.


Previous stories - for Wyatt, for Evelyn, for Brooke

Comments

Popular Posts